Monday, March 12, 2012

It's gotta grab me

Today's 100 words:

I used to feel as though I needed to finish every book I started. In the past couple of weeks, however, I've probably given up on at least five books, and of the three books I started yesterday, I think I'll continue with only one. (Admittedly, that was an odd reading day.) I pick up books based mainly on their back covers, and as we all know, sometimes the writing doesn't deliver on the blurb. As I've gotten older, I've decided that if a book doesn't grab me in the first thirty or forty pages, it's not worth my time.

2 comments:

  1. me too! too many other books on the tbr list!
    i need to use the library more! paying money for books i'm not into is expensive!

    ps, consider yourself awarded =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one! I used to feel guilty if I stopped reading, but not anymore...

      Thanks for the award!

      Delete