Friday, January 27, 2012

An exercise...

Today's 100 words deviate a bit from my usual. They are unpolished--a part of a stream of consciousness exercise I did this morning to try to gather more ideas for a character-based poem I've been working on.

I don't know now why I cared so much, why I felt I had to have you--or anyone--with me (next to, around, inside), except for maybe that fear I have of being alone, unwanted, unloved: yes, I can see that little idiosyncrasy being a problem (more so then than now) that made me cling to anybody--any body--no matter how screwed up, messed up, toked up that person may or may not have been: hair dyed purple or black and slicked back with Ross Geller gel--whatever; I needed you to survive. What an idiot I was.

2 comments:

  1. I hope we'll get to see the poem when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. :) I'm not sure it's going to amount to much. I'm actually a little embarrassed that I published this exercise. :) I'll have to see if anything comes of it.

      Delete