Friday, September 16, 2011

One year ago

This morning's 100 words:
 
Today is the first anniversary of my grandma's death. It doesn't seem possible that she's been gone so long. She cared for me and my siblings often as we were growing up, and I have so many memories of the times we shared. I try to write them down so that my feeble mind never forgets them.

I wasn't able to attend her funeral, but I visited her grave when I went home this past summer. Seeing her name carved into stone--and touching it--was difficult, emotional. I sat and talked to her for a long time.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for you loss, Dana. I lost my grandmama two years ago and my grandmother this past summer. I hope that peace can come to you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, Dana.

    I'm also sorry to look back on my three-day visit to Eugene and think about the grave I forgot to visit. :(

    ReplyDelete