Saturday, June 25, 2011

Simply irresistible! ;)

Earlier this week, Kimberly Krey at The Write View graciously awarded me with this Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Thanks so much, Kimberly!


Kimberly has an awesome blog, and I encourage all of you to check it out for yourselves!

As with most awards, this one comes with some rules:

1. Copy and paste the award to your blog.
2. Thank and link to the person(s) who nominated you.
3. Share seven random facts about yourself.
4. Pass the award along!

Now, without further ado, here are seven completely random facts about me:

1. I bite my fingernails. I know I shouldn't, but I do. When I was a little kid, my older brother tried to get me to stop by putting Tabasco sauce on my nails. To his dismay, he found that the Tabasco didn't deter me in the slightest--I liked it!

2. That brings me to my second fact: I like my food spicy--super spicy. Unfortunately (at least in regard to cooking), I'm married to a man who likes his food bland--super bland. I cook for him, then use a ton of spices and hot sauce on my own food.

3. When I was a kid, I used to read beneath my bed. I must have liked the idea of being in my own reading cave. The problem was that my "cave" had exposed springs, and I had long hair. You can see where this is going, right? I remember getting my hair caught more than once and screaming bloody murder until my dad came to rescue me. The whole experience was all the more traumatic because I'm also claustrophobic, so the fact that I couldn't move and get myself out of that once blissful but suddenly frightening space had me near tears. Ah, the memories!

4. I'm claustrophobic. ;)

5. I've only had a few really good friends in my life. I have a lot of acquaintances and a lot of people I call friends, but throughout my thirty-eight years, there are only a handful I would bestow with the title of "best friend"--friends I trust with all my secrets, good and bad.

6. I've never ridden a roller coaster--and I don't intend to.

7. I love butterflies.

Finally, I'd like to pass this award along to...all of you! I'm grateful to each of you who reads my random thoughts each day. Please, if you're so inclined, feel free to snag this award. You deserve it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god! Ouch, I can imagine how getting your hair stuck in the springs would be a little on the traumatic side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, my little flounder friend =)
    i wonder if reading under your bed led to za clauztraphobia, hmmm
    rollercoasters are for crazy people

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin: Oh, it was. I still cringe when I think about it!

    Tara: Thank you! Reading under the bed causing claustrophobia... You might be on to something there. ;) And the roller coasters: does that mean that I'm one of the sane ones?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the acceptance, and thanks for the shout out about my blog.
    I loved reading your random facts. I too love spicy food, and am glad to say my hubby does as well. (lucky!) Also, I was shocked to hear you actually liked to read UNDER YOUR BED as a child. I thought we were all terrified of that dark place in our younger years - I know I was. I'd say you were a very brave girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kimberly!

    Lucky you that your husband will eat spicy food. It's just not the same to add the spice after the food is cooked, although I suppose that's better than no spice at all.

    I don't know how brave I was. LOL I guess I just thought that the space under my bed was a cozy place to read! :)

    ReplyDelete