Thursday, February 17, 2011

But I'm not a baker!

My son will turn four on Monday, so I've been frantically looking for a pattern for his cake. I'm not a baker by any means, and I don't consider myself that artistic as far as cake design goes, but I do pretty well if I have a pattern and directions. Last year I made him a Wubbzy cake and my daughter a doggy cake, and both of them turned out really well. I was pretty proud that I, with my limited ability, had managed to make them. I found the step-by-step directions online, so the whole process went pretty smoothly. 

This year, however, my son is really interested in Cyberchase, a PBS show. His favorite character on the show seems to be Motherboard, so I've been trying to find directions for a Motherboard cake. I haven't had any luck, unfortunately, so I guess this year I'll have to wing it by finding a picture and trying my best to copy it onto a simple sheet cake. I'm a little nervous about how I'll do, but my husband keeps telling me that our son will be happy with it no matter what, and that makes me feel a little better. I'll try to post a picture of the results--unless the cake ends up too hideous for public viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment