Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Mommy Milestone

Tomorrow I'll be taking my son to register for preschool, and all day I've been feeling mixed emotions. I know he's ready to go--he talks about it constantly--but I'm not sure I'm ready for him to go. In fact, my husband and I had originally signed him up to attend this year. We had paid the deposit and filled out all the required forms, but at the last minute, I decided I wanted to keep him home for another year. Three seemed so young--too young to be in school and away from me. Four was far away. It's here now, though. He'll be four next month, and in September, I'll be dropping him off at the preschool two days a week. Tomorrow's paperwork will be the start of it all.

I'm proud of my little boy. He's excited for school, and I want him to have that experience. But I already know that tomorrow will be a bittersweet day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment